6 Computer Security Tips
1) Use a firewallA firewall is a software system that will handle outgoing and incoming Internet connections of your computer. You’ll be able to clearly use the one engineered into Windows by default, however this can be by no means the foremost Efficient. i will like to recommend Comodo Firewall which is free and straightforward to use. Using Firewall is just one of Computer Security tip that i want to mention
2) Use antivirusThere are obvious reasons to use Anti virus Programs, but there are People that don’t have any antivirus or those who have, they have not upgraded thier antivirus since their permit has lapsed.. However there are quite powerful free antivirus Available. One must Install Antivirus to Protect and Keep thier Computer Secure
3) Updating software system:New vulnerabilities are found in software system or operative systems like Windows each day. So one must always updates thier software system. Keeping your installed Softwares upto date is Important, as it will Keep hackers away from breaking into your System and its Said that any upto date program Works smooth without any glitch.
4) Use complicated passwordsUsers like you and me use too weak passwords that are very simple to detect for hackers, there are so many software which will try all Possible Combinations to Crack your Password, this is known as Bruteforce technique . If your secret word(password) Consists of just 4 or 5 characters, it will easily discover it.
Your Password becomes harder to crack if it consists of 8 or 9 characters which also includes numbers, letters and special characters.To check the strength of your Password, there are plenty tools over internet. This is an important Computer Security tip that everyone must Consider.
5) Use totally different passwordsMost common mistake people make is that they use same password everywhere over internet. Yes, its very hard to remember passwords for all accounts but its highly advisible to have different passwords for different accounts.
This Practice Comes handy if one of your account gets Compromised/Hacked, then your other accounts are still safe.
6) Always Beware:
- Finally, Abstain from getting hacked, Always beware while Browsing Internet, don’t transfer and install everything and anything on your PC or Laptop.
- Always check the sources of software system and websites that you just use to download programs.
- Don’t be silly and amateur hackers won’t be able to do anything to you (while serious and skilled hackers will not have any interest to hack you)