While there are thousands of free fonts available for download online, sometimes it can be really hard to wade through everything that’s available.
We’ve put together a list of 15 great handwriting fonts — hand-lettered, brush, and calligraphic — and most of these fonts are downloadable with no strings attached, and can be used for commercial purposes. In some cases you may have to share your email address in order to download the font.
1. CavortingCavorting is a great hand-lettered brush font that is available for free both for personal and commercial use. If you want to get the same effect in the screenshot below using Photoshop, check out this tutorial. This trick will come in handy with quite a few of the fonts on this list.
2. MathleteAvailable in four styles, Mathlete can also be used in both personal and commercial work. The font is only available as capital letters. As the example below shows, this is a great choice for address labels as it has a handwritten feel but is very legible, and includes a ton of glyphs.
3. SunnSunn is similar to Mathlete, with the difference of being a little more clean looking. To download Sunn you will have to provide your email address. There is an extended version of the font for just $4.95 with additional typefaces and Cyrillic letters.
4. Mighty TypeMighty Type is available as a free download, but you do have to provide your email address to get the font. Mighty Type can be used on personal and commercial projects.
5. BarokahAvailable as a regular and bold font, Barokah can be used for personal and commercial projects. The font would fit right in with a comic book design.
6. ArabellaThis demo font is available for free and commercial use. To download Arabella, you will have to provide your email address.
7. CutepunkCutepunk has a great vintage feel to it, and you can download the font for free with no strings attached. It comes with three typefaces – regular, light, and bold – and the font can be used for personal or commercial use.
8. SkinnyIf you want something like Cutepunk but with an even more authentic handwritten or child-like look, give Skinny a try. The font is only available in capital letters.
9. WaterlilyWaterlily is another attractive free brush font that works really well with the tutorial linked to above on how to make your fonts look like they were watercolored with Photoshop. The font, which includes all glyphs, is available for personal or commercial use.
Available for free for both personal and commercial use, this calligraphy font also has an interesting feature. With two additional typefaces, you can add swirls to the beginning and end of each of your words or sentences.