How to Install CM 13 ROM on LG G4 H815Earlier this month, the LG G4 recently started receiving the official CM Lollipop Nightly builds. Now, following the CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM, the G4 pockets two CM 13 builds as we write. The international H815 variant is the first device to have received this build. With time, more such variants will follow.
The support for the international variant of the G4 seems to be incredible. Earlier this month the device received an official update with build number H81520A based on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware form it’s manufacturer. We also have a TWRP flashable zip file of the official firmware. You can find it at the bottom of this post.
CyanogenMod is known to build some of the best third party ROMS for Android devices. Nightlies are stable as they are being developed for a long time now. The best part about CM 13 ROM is that it’s light weight, fast and most importantly Android 6.0 Marshmallow based.
Besides the ROM, you will also find a new CyanogenMod custom recovery image file in the recovery. This is a new custom recovery from the community meant for easy OTA updates. However, TWRP will work just fine with this release.
For the latest updates stay tuned and let’s begin with the tutorial.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
- Official CyanogenMod 13 ROM for LG G4 H815
- CM 13 ROM — Download | File: cm-13.0-xxxxxxxx-NIGHTLY-h815.zip
- Marshmallow compatible Google Apps
- Google Apps — Download | Open Gapps
- More Marshmallow compatible Google Apps | Link
- The listed custom ROM is compatible with LG G4 H815 variant only. Do not try it on any other device or variant.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device. Download the latest TWRP 2.8.7+ build from here. For detailed TWRP installation instructions using fastboot, get to our tutorial through this link.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC so as to transfer the ROM and Google apps to your device’s storage. Download here.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
How to Install CM 13 ROM on LG G4 H815
- Download the CM 13 ROM from the download section. Also download the compatible Google Apps from the link
- Now transfer the zip files into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip files where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- It’s highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, perform a full wipe. Return to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Now swipe the confirmation button to wipe.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, reboot to system.