A brand new MoKee ROM is now available for the Lenovo ZUK Z1. The famed third party Android OS community, MoKee, has stepped into the support of a lot of devices one of which is the ZUK Z1. MoKee OpenSource is based on the Google AOSP. The community claims that they update their source code frequently in order to keep up with the latest development and that is indeed true. There are already 3 builds available for the Lenovo device making them stable and free from bugs. The ROM also sports it’s own features and functionalities that makes the OS even more likable.
MoKee for ZUK Z1 is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware compiled from the CM 12.1 source code and comes with official support. It can be flashed directly through a custom recovery like TWRP. Flash the ROM and compatible Google Apps and you are good to go.
An unlocked bootloader is required in order to setup a custom recovery like TWRP. We already have the bootloader unlock guide available for you. So once you unlock the bootloader and setup TWRP, you are all set to install the MoKee ROM or any compatible custom ROm of your choice.
Before we begin make sure you backup everything as it will make a clean install and all your apps and data will be lost. Stay tuned for further updates and let’s begin with the tutorial.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
- Official MoKee ROM for Lenovo ZUK Z1
- Official MoKee CM 12.1 ROM — Download | File: MK51.1-ham-xxxxxx-RELEASE.zip
- Lollipop compatible Google Apps
- Google Apps — Download | Open Gapps
- The listed custom ROM is compatible with Lenovo ZUK Z1 variant only. Do not try it on any other device or variant.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device. Download and install the latest TWRP build. Checkout out detailed tutorial.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC so as to transfer the ROM and Google apps to your device’s storage.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
How to Install Official MoKee ROM For ZUK Z1
- Download the Mokee ROM from the download section. Also download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop compatible Google Apps of your choice.
- Now transfer the zip file into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- It’s highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, perform a full wipe. Return to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Now swipe the confirmation button to wipe.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.