A lot of devices have been receiving the CM 13 port based on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow version that was recently released by Google. One such device is the HTC One M7 and some of it’s variants. While the Nexus devices have received official Marshmallow updates, CM 13 seems to be the only way to get to the latest Android software for the former HTC flagship device at the moment.
Moreover, it’s not an official release from CyanogenMod community and hence, users may expect some bugs. The port is at it’s initial stages and with further development, stability improvements and bug fixes can be seen. The CM 13 source code has been recompiled for the M7 device and some basic functions can be seen running perfectly on the device.
However, in order to install the ROM, you will need to setup TWRP onto your device and then flash the ROM and Google Apps simultaneously. As we have already covered the TWRP installation guide, it won’t be a problem. Just install the latest available TWRP build else there is a risk of bricking your device.
To be sure, backup everything before you proceed. This may include the apps, media, documents and all of your internal storage just in case anything goes wrong.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We are not responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
- What’s not working with this build:
- Download | Marshmallow CM 13 (File: cm-13-20151102-UNOFFICIAL-m7.zip (269.6 MB))
- Download | Google Apps
- Download | More Google Apps for Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Your HTC device must have S-OFF.
- The listed custom ROM is compatible with HTC One M7 International, AT&T, T-Mobile variants only. Do not try it on any other device or variant. In order to install the CM 13 ROM on T-Mobile and AT&T variants, you will need Radio 7.x.x.22. If you have it, proceed.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device. For detailed TWRP installation instructions using fastboot, get to our tutorial through this link and install the latest TWRP build from here.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC so as to transfer the ROM and Google apps to your device’s storage.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on HTC One M7
- Download the CyanogenMod 13 ROM and the Google Apps from the download section.
- Now transfer the two zip files into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- Although this is optional, it’s highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select the following elements: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, return to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Now swipe the confirmation button to backup.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
For queries, comment down below. If we have helped you, then like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.