If you are looking forward to restore your LG V10 to stock firmware, then here is a flashable zip file for the device that will take it to stock LG ROM. Courtsey of mikeyinid from XDA, you can now install stock LG V10 firmware right from the TWRP recovery. This is the easiest procedure available if you have TWRP installed on your device. Once you get the stock firmware flashed and running, you can then flash the stock recovery in order to gain complete stock ROM.
The LG V10 has been promised a Marshmallow firmware update and in order to receive it, you need to be on the stock firmware. Hence, here is stock firmware for your device created such that it can be flashed with TWRP as well. The zip has been incorporated with the boot and system image files.
Follow the instructions carefully and backup everything before you proceed. Also take a TWRP nandroid backup. The tutorial to flash stock recovery has been listed at the very bottom of this post.
Warning: If you have rooted your device or installed a custom ROM, then your warranty is already void. We at DroidViews won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
- Stock Firmware flashable zip file for LG V10 H901
- Stock Firmware (Consists of boot and system) — Download | File: v10_stock.zip (1.5 GB)
- The listed custom ROM is compatible with LG V10 H901 only. Do not try it on any other device.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device. Download and install the latest TWRP build. Refer to our detailed tutorial.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC so as to transfer the ROM and Google apps to
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
How to Stock Firmware on LG V10 Using TWRP
- Download the V10 Stock ROM from the download section and transfer the zip files into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip files where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- It’s highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, perform a full wipe. Return to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Now swipe the confirmation button to wipe.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
Complete stock firmware restore:
Install Stock Recovery on LG V10 Using Fastboot
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.