Sony Xperia M2 became available at stores in May 2014. This device fits easily in hands and is perfect for people with small hands as it has 4.8 ” inch screen. Powered with Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 and Adreno 305 enables blazing Internet connections with up to 150 Mbit/s download and 50MBit/s upload speeds. It was a beast of its time. Sony is known for bold camera build and this Xperia has 8 MP camera which can capture 3264 x 2448 pixels image with autofocus and LED flash.
The front camera is VGA. The camera is built with the same modules as leading Sony cameras. Shooting a steady video with an everyday smartphone isn’t easy. With the Xperia M2, it’s a different story. SteadyShot feature compensates for your movements, making panning smoother and the image more stable even in Full HD 1080p video. The outcome is gorgeously steady videos.
It has non-removable Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery. Battery STAMINA mode in Xperia M2 minimizes battery drain. It recognizes when you’re not using your display and automatically turns off the functions you don’t need, while keeping the notifications you want. As soon as you press the power button to wake up your screen, everything is up and running again.
The custom Kitkat ROM, Sony Xperia M2 made it a dawn to dawn lasting phone. It easily made a promising backup of up to 13 h 25 min (2G) / up to 14 h 36 min (3G) and up to 58 h 25 min, that’s amazing. We all know Lollipop is better than Kitkat after fixing the miscellaneous bugs. CyanogenMod 12.1 is now ready to rock on Sony Xperia M2. If there is any device which deserves the Lollipop update. I bet it should be Sony Xperia M2. Here is a guide showing you how to flash CM 12.1 on Sony Xperia M2 D2306 model.
PrerequisitesThis CM 12.1 Android 5.1. Lollipop firmware has to be installed on Sony Xperia M2 D2306 model only.
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone (Sony Xperia M2 D2306) will not be recognized by the computer. Download them from here.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device’s performance and UI experiences, it will void your warranty.
- Download CyanogenMod 12.1 [eagle] from here and Google Apps from here to your PC.
- Connect Sony Xperia M2 D2306 to PC via USB cable. Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed correct USB drivers.
- Then, copy CyanogenMod 12.1 zip file and Google Apps zip file into the root folder of phone’s SD card memory.
- Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
- Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press-holding ‘Volume up’ and ‘Power’ buttons.
- After entering the Recovery mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option.
- Now, clear the cache memory by selecting ‘wipe cache partition’ and go back select ‘advanced’ and tap ‘wipe dalvik cache’.
- Now from main recovery install the zips from SD card.
- Once done with the installation process, restart the device by opting ‘reboot system now’ seen in the recovery menu.
After your Xperia M2 D2306 is restarted, you can test CyanogenMod 12.1 [eagle]. Isn’t it amazing? If you are experiencing issues during the installation, then don’t hesitate to share your issue.