Install Official CM 13 / Android 6 on Oneplus One
CM or Cyanogenmod is the best custom ROM out there, at least for Oneplus. It was the official factory shipped ROM when the phone first starting rolling out. Although CM may not be the official ROM for Oneplus owing to differences in the two companies, CM still remains to be one of the smoothest, flexible and stable ROMs for the showstopper phone. CM was the sole reason that the Oneplus One was ahead of it’s time in the Android league. The ROM may not exist for its successor phone, but CM kept its promise of support for the Oneplus One and has more than kept that promise.
So if you’re a Oneplus One user, it should be a matter of pride. The device is among the only non-Nexus devices to get Android 6 interface. Without further ado, let’s get right to it.
Things you need?
- A Oneplus one device with unlocked bootloader and custom recovery installed [to get steps for this, head over to this post]
- Download the latest CM 13 & desired GApps package [It is necessary to have Android 6 GApps with ARM platform. CM 13 requires Android 6 framework and Oneplus follows ARM platform]. Among other options, we chose stock, but users can preferably customize a GApps package they need.
- Download the required packages and transfer the flashable zip files to your Oneplus One via USB.
- Reboot your Oneplus One into Recovery Mode.
- Do the following:
Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > tick System + Data + Cache + Dalvik Cache > slide Wipe > Back > select Install > find cm-13.0-201XXXXX-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip in your storage > choose Add more zips > Select downloaded GApps package from storage > swipe to Confirm Flash > select Wipe Cache / Dalvik > swipe to Confirm > Done > Reboot > System
Notes & Known issues:
- There is no need to flash SuperSU zip. Instead, you can obtain root access by enabling Root Access in the Developer Options. Flashing SuperSU will result in phone not booting up. If you still want SuperSU then install it from Play Store.
- A bug that wasn’t allowing mobile data on devices existed but seems to have been resolved in the 25th November and later NIGHTLYs.
- The video camera was not working but this too also seems to be resolved on later NIGHTLYs.
- Permissions everywhere: It takes getting a little used to but the first time for everything will require permission.
- CM 13 : https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=bacon
- GApps : http://opengapps.org/