To fix this problem, the best way is to block the ads on certain apps to not appearing. If you have Android phone running 4.1 Jelly Bean or higher, you can easily block this ads by turning off notifications for an app. Here I will show you how to do it.
- If you already know the apps which displaying ads, just go to the Settings -> Application Manager, then tap the required app to open the App Info pane.
- Uncheck the box next to the “Show notifications” and tap ‘OK’ to the warning that appears.
- And you are done.
- Pull down the notification bar and long press on the advertisement.
- A box labeled ‘App info’ will appear below the notification.
- Tap that box and repeat the steps mentioned above, you can also uninstall this app if it’s not of much use to you. This will not only stop the apps from sending ads but will also free up some space on your phone’s storage.
What can I do if I’m using Android 4.0 (ICS) or an older version of Android?There is not much you can do in this case as those versions do not provide an option to block notifications on your phone. The only solution to fix this annoying problem is to remove the app that is displaying and allowing the ads on notification bar. However, you have installed several apps, then finding the culprit is very hard. To make it easy, you can download AirPush Detector app that is available for free at Google play store.
This app will automatically search all of your apps to find the offensive app and then displays you a list. Now you can remove all the apps that are displayed in the list to stop those notification bar ads.