LG Optimus L4 II E440 is a decent quality Android smartphone, which comes with a 3.8 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by a Cortex A9 1 GHz processor along with a 512 MB RAM and it runs on Android 4.1.2 Jellybean operating system. If you would like to upgrade your device’s Android version to the newer version, then you should root your device. If you don’t know how, then follow the procedure given here to root LG Optimus L4 II E440.
By rooting your LG smartphone, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware running on newer Android versions, uninstall unwanted apps which come pre-installed in the system, install custom recovery image, install Android applications which only supports rooted devices, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your LG smartphone will void its warranty. Also, there is a chance that your device might get bricked while you follow the rooting procedure and if that happens, don’t held me liable. Proceed at your OWN wish.
Prerequisites:1) It is always important to take backup of personal data in your smartphone before rooting procedure, so that even if you lose your data, you can recover it back with the help of backup. So, take backup using appropriate app.
2) Next, download LG Optimus L4 II E440 USB driver and install it in your computer, so that you will be able to connect your device with the PC successfully.
3) Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging mode in your smartphone. To do that, first you will need to enable Developer options by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the build number for 5-7 times to enable it). Once done, you can enable USB debugging mode by following this path: Settings -> Developer options -> USB debugging (tap on it).
4) Ensure that you have deactivated or uninstalled antivirus programs in your computer so that it won’t interrupt the rooting process. Also, make sure that your device has enough battery backup in it to withstand the rooting procedure.
Once you have done all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root LG Optimus L4 II E440 Android Device:1) To get started, download iRoot rooting software and install it in your computer. Once done, click on software to open up its window.
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers of your LG device properly in the computer, then the connection between smartphone and computer will be successful.
3) Now, go to the iRoot window and click on “Connect Device“. Once you device gets connected and iRoot software show your device model number, you will see a “Root” button.
4) Just click on the big green “Root” button to begin the rooting process. It will approximately a minute to finish the rooting procedure and once it is finished, reboot your smartphone.