A new Android 4.4.4 KitKat C-RoM Custom Firmware has been made available to Samsung's 2012 flagship smartphone Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (international 3G variant). According to Team Android, the custom firmware (C-RoM) is based on v4.4.4 Android KitKat and comes with loads of customization options like:
- Dark C-RoM themes
- Gesture control support
- Animation controls
- App bar
- Floating windows
- Implement app side-bar
- Lock-screen notifications
- Performance tweaks and many more improvements to enhance user-experience
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM in to the device)
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- This custom firmware (C-RoM) has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (International 3G variant) only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of whole data in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your phone (Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300) smartphone will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted.