You just have to set this method in your official whatsapp messenger app and you can then easily set connection of backing up and restoring with your google account where your chats will get stored to the google drive of your account. So follow simple steps below to proceed.
Steps To Backup/Restore Whatsapp Chats With Google Drive :-
- First of all update your WhatsApp app from Google Play Store to the latest version 2.12.45.
- Now open your whatsapp in your android and there Go to the Settings -> Chat settings -> Chat backup.
- Now there choose the Google Drive settings and there Choose the Backup Frequency.
- Now there click on any interval and then Connect whatsapp to your Google account to backup all your chats there.
- Click on Backup Now to backup current chats to your google account in its drive.
- Thats it now your chats will automatically get backup every time with the set interval time and also when your chats get deleted they will automatically get restored from your google account.