How to Fix Black Video Screen on YouTube
- Step 1: Open Google Chrome.
- Step 2: Type in Chrome://Flags in the URL bar and press enter.
- Step 3: Press CTRL + F to bring up the search box and type in the following.
Disable hardware-accelerated video decode
- Step 4: Click on the Enable button below Disable hardware-accelerated video decode.
- Step 5: Click on the Relaunch Now button to restart Google Chrome.
That’s it, the black video screen bug should be fixed now. This fix works across all operating systems, be it Windows, Mac or Linux.
If you are using other web browsers such as firefox or Opera. you can switch to the HTML5 version of YouTube and the black video screen bug should be fixed. Simply go to the following link provided below and click on Request the HTML5 player. www.youtube.com/html5