Most of us are familiar with many softwares that run only for a specified period of time in the trial mode. Once the trial period is expired these softwares stop functioning and demand for a purchase. But today I will show you how you can run the software beyond their trial period.
How does this work?
Before I tell you how to hack the software and make it run in the trial mode forever, lets understand how this software works
When these softwares are installed for the first time, they make an entry into the Windows with the details such as Installed Date and Time, installed path etc. After installation every time you run the software, it compares the current system date and time with the installed date and time. So, with this it can make out whether the trial period is expired or not.
So with this being the case, just manually changing the system date to an earlier date will not solve the problem. For this purpose there is a small Tool known as RunAsDate.
RunAsDate is a small utility that allows you to run a program in the date and time that you specify. This utility doesn’t change the current system date, but it only injects the date/time that you specify into the desired application.
RunAsDate intercepts the kernel API calls that returns the current date and time (GetSystemTime, GetLocalTime, GetSystemTimeAsFileTime), and replaces the current date/time with the date/time that you specify. It works with , XP, 2003, Vista and 7. It works with 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
To Run your Software Forever follow these Steps Carefully
You have to follow these tips carefully to successfully hack a software and make it run in it’s trial mode forever.
1. Note down the date and time, when you install the software for the first time.
2. Once the trial period expires, you must always run the software using RunAsDate.
3. After the trial period is expired, do not run the software(program) directly. If you run the software directlyeven once, this hack may no longer work.
4. To avoid any chances of runnung the directly, you can delete its shortcut from the desktop and create a new shortcut using runasdate and place it on the desktop.
5. It is better and safe to inject the date of the last day in the trial period.
For example, if the trial period expires on jan 30 2010, always inject the date as jan 29 2010 in the RunAsDate.
Note: This software won’t work with Anti virus as they run in Background.
I hope this helps! Please express your experience and opinions through comments.