Following the LG G Pad and the Verizon LG G3 devices, the Canadian and T-Mobile variants of the LG G3 has received the official CyanogenMod 13 ROM. These are very lucky devices indeed to have received the update so early. Though the G3 has been promised an official Marshmallow firmware update, the manufacturer make take long before it hits the device. However, here is a chance to get your device to latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow with a stable CM 13 build.
With a brand new CM 13 ROM, users can expect stability. With more OTA updates, that CyanogenMod is known for, bug fixes and stability improvements can be seen.
To install the ROM, you will need to setup TWRP on your device. Once you setup a custom recovery, you are ready to flash any compatible custom ROM of your choice. Flash the Marshmallow compatible Google Apps following the ROM, and profit. Remember to backup before you proceed. Stay tuned for further updates and let’s begin with the tutorial.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
- Official CyanogenMod 13 ROM for Moto X 2014
- Marshamallow compatible Google Apps
- Google Apps — Download | Open Gapps
- More Marshmallow compatible Google Apps |
- The listed custom ROMs are compatible with T-Mobile (D851) and Canada (D852) variants of LG G3. Do not try it on any other device or variant.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device. Download and install the latest TWRP build. Refer to our tutorial for installation instructions.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC so as to transfer the ROM and Google apps to your device’s storage.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
How to Install Official CM 13 ROM on LG G3
- Download the Marshmallow CM 13 ROM from the download section. Also download the Marshmallow Google Apps of your choice.
- Now transfer the zip file into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- It’s highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, perform a full wipe. Return to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Now swipe the confirmation button to wipe.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.